Veterans Liaison Officer
Homestyle was the first private Aged Care Provider in Victoria to establish a Veterans Liaison role for its residents.
SEARCH FOR AGED CARE HOMES
Veteran Liaison Officer (VLO) Program
As part of our Continuous Improvement policy, a Veterans Liaison Officer (VLO) role has been established. Homestyle was the first private Aged Care Provider in Victoria to establish this role for its residents.
The position of Veteran Liaison Officer is part of the Community Program for Homestyle Aged Care Services, and it facilitates links between Homestyle homes, the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), the DVA clients, their families and carers.
Our aim is to ensure the best possible outcomes for veteran residents and their carers.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that DVA clients their families and carers (including professional carers) are aware of the support provided by the group’s VLO. Act as a single point of contact for DVA clients, their families and carers, Ex-Service Organisations and DVA with particular regard to resolution of concerns/problems.
- Provide pre-admission support for new residents, their families and carers.
- Assist in the streamlining of discharge and placement in other facilities as appropriate.
- Refer residents, their families and carers to appropriate services/resources.
- In conjunction with Ex-Service Organisations, coordinate DVA client visiting and information services, and establish/maintain communication and linkages between the facility and the Veteran Community.
- Coordinate general health and lifestyle education and counselling. This will include the identification/development and implementation of health promotion programs relevant to the Veteran Community.
- Ensure the Veteran Community is made aware of the range of services, programs and activities available at the facility.
Mark Saunderson | Veterans Liason Officer
Mark will take the time you need to explain each step of the aged care journey and provide tailored estimates on the likely fees and charges, so you won’t be left in the dark.
All of this comes with Mark’s empathy gained from assisting his family in the planning of 3 grandparents into aged care, where he faced the sometimes challenging and emotional decisions that have to be made.
• 14 years’ aged care industry experience
• Homestyle team member since 2015
• Highly regarded for his proven expertise
• Passionate about helping older Australians obtain affordable and quality care