For over 30 years, Homestyle Aged Care Services has provided residential care homes and services in the greater Melbourne metropolitan and Geelong areas.
SEARCH FOR AGED CARE HOMES
The Homestyle difference is a philosophy of holistic residential care services in a homely environment of caring, compassion and respect for all residents.
To enhance the quality of life of all residents to satisfy the changing needs within an ageing community, by providing excellence of care and comfort, based on best practices to achieve a positive outcome for all stakeholders.
- The provision of twenty four hour a day quality holistic care which meets the immediate and long-term needs of residents.
- To provide a comfortable environment in which residents feel safe and secure, as they would in their own home.
- Maintenance of the quality of life of residents, their self-esteem and respect of privacy.
- We employ only ethical, qualified and competent staff.
- We value leadership, professionalism and accountability.
- We communicate with all stakeholders in an honest, transparent and timely way.
- Our staff are provided with up to date education to achieve best practice.
- We value knowledge and commitment in our staff and seek to develop these qualities further.
- To have pride in everything we do.
- Residents living in Homestyle homes are our reason for being.
- We value processes that ensure quality outcomes for residents.
- We support a diverse group of residents, from many cultural backgrounds and we are committed to provide inclusive care and support for cultural diversity for each resident.
- We respect the rights and dignity of each individual resident.
- All members of the extended family are encouraged to be involved in the care of their relative.
- To ensure we incorporate your feedback, each home holds regular meetings, to enable you to assist us to continually improve the service we provide.
- The Board of Directors invite all stakeholders to contribute their thoughts to the company through questionnaires, comments and issues forms, audits and surveys. The information collated from these responses is incorporated where practical into the direction taken by the company to achieve our stated Vision and Mission.
About Our Homes
Homestyle residential care homes blend a caring, homely environment with the latest in modern features to benefit residents, their families and friends.
Homestyle creates purpose-built residential care homes with all the latest requirements for the effective care of ageing people.
Comfortable bedrooms with ensuites cater for the variable needs, independence and mobility of residents. There is also the provision for residents to have some personal furnishings and keepsakes.
All homes have lounge areas for group settings, or quiet sitting areas that provide privacy for meetings with family and friends. Similarly, dining rooms are spacious with small tables for intimate dining as well as the provision of a small private dining area for special occasions.
• Our homes are modern and responsive to the environment.
• Our homes are designed with comfort and privacy in mind.
• Our homes are aesthetically pleasing and functional.
• Our environments reflect and provide a safe, ‘homelike’ ambience.
As part of our Continuous Improvement policy, a Veterans Liaison Officer (VLO) role has been established. Homestyle is the first private Aged Care Provider in Victoria to develop this role for residents.
The position of Veteran Liaison Officer is part of the Community Program for Homestyle Aged Care Services, and it facilitates links between Homestyle homes, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA), the DVA clients, their families and carers.
Our aim is to ensure the best possible outcomes for veteran residents and their carers.
Homestyle Focus Groups
Homestyle established focus groups where representatives from each home, meet on a regular basis, for training and the sharing of information. The focus groups are:
• Clinical Care
• Occupational Health & Safety
Guided by dedicated senior management, the Homestyle difference is delivered by a team of exceptional people throughout our organisation and homes.
Chief Executive Officer
Group General Manager
Chief Financial Officer
Quality and Compliance Manager
General Manager Human Resources
General Manager Infrastructure
Group Client Services Manager
Brian has been involved with Homestyle Aged Care Services since the company purchased its first facility in 1988, serving as a Director and later Chairman of the Board of Directors. Between January 2005 and January 2014 Brian held the position of CEO, after gaining extensive management experience in a diversified family business. Brian is a member of the Board of Management of Rural Northwest Health and has also served on the Board of the Victorian Arts Council, for a period of eight years, and as Chairman for six years.
Tim joined Homestyle in January 2014 and brings with him over 12 years of health experience including 10 years within aged care. Tim previously held the role CEO of Provider Assist, a large aged care consulting service and prior to this Tim was CFO at TLC Aged Care. With over 20 years of business experience, the variety of the roles he has fulfilled include, finance – up to CFO, IT – up to CIO, Project manager, Recruitment specialist and most recently, CEO. He has worked across a variety of industries including: materials handling, acute health, logistics, recruitment, aged care, community/home care, and disability services. Tim has worked within privately owned, publicly listed and not for profit organisations. Tim is currently a Director, and chairs the audit and finance committee for the Victorian Cytology Service; and was previously Treasurer of the Wattle Park Primary School.
King joined Homestyle in January 2019 having held management and executive positions, during his 7 years’ experience within aged care, across both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors. Prior to this King worked in public practice providing audit and advisory services to listed, unlisted, public and private companies, across a wide range of industries.
Working in the aged care industry for 14 years, Marina has held key management roles for both profit and not for profit organisations, including paediatric hospitals and large aged care providers, such as Estia Health and Arcare. As an accomplished aged care professional, she has successfully led operational and clinical services in each role aligning risk management and holistic care. Marina was appointed as Homestyle Group Quality and Compliance Manager in September 2018. She leads the Quality and Clinical team to deliver programs with a continuous improvement focus, including Risk Compliance and Quality Management across the group.
Dawn joined Homestyle Aged Care in May 2021 in the role of General Manager Human Resources. She has responsibility for attracting, selecting, developing, retaining and growing the right people to ensure Homestyle Aged Care is delivering great care every day for every resident in our special homely way. Dawn’s priorities are nurturing our culture to ensure we are recruiting to our values, strengthening, and extending the clinical capability of our team members, building a culture that keeps our residents, and employees safe, through empowered frontline leadership and collaborative senior leaders working together. Previously, Dawn held a number of senior executive roles at Regis Aged Care, Marsh and McLennan companies in London, New York and Melbourne, Carlton United Breweries and Asahi Beverages and MMG. She has more than 30 years’ international experience in human resources across healthcare, financial services, fast moving consumer goods and mining industries.
Simon joined Homestyle in October 2018 having run a successful consultancy business. With over 25 years’ experience in the Seniors Housing sector across major listed public companies, property trusts and not for profit providers he has provided direction over the acquisition, planning and development of over 40 projects in Victoria, NSW and Queensland.
Mark comes to us from QLD, has been working in the aged care industry since 2004 and has worked with Homestyle since 2015. Mark started his career as a personal carer and has worked in other roles such as finance and sales. He is currently studying a Diploma of Health Administration, to fine tune his management skills with the intent of growing with Homestyle in the aged care industry.