Guided by dedicated senior management, the Homestyle difference is delivered by a team of exceptional people throughout our organisation and homes.
Homestyle prides itself on the employment of exceptional people with exemplary skills, experience and knowledge in areas including:
- Nursing care and personal care services
- Diversional and activity-based therapy
- Support services including catering, cleaning and laundry
- Allied health services including podiatry and physiotherapy
- Facilities maintenance
- Continuous Improvement/Accreditation
- Veterans liaison
Senior management team
She has held positions in the aged care sector as a Director of Nursing, was the CEO of the AGED CARE ASSOCIATION of Victoria for 5 years, and has held several senior operational and quality management roles with large and medium sized aged care providers such as Regis, Jewish Care and Opal.
Meigan has served on several government working parties, committees and reference groups that have reviewed and changed the policy and regulatory setting in the aged care sector. Meigan was an inaugural member of the Board of Management of the Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care (ACEBAC) and continues her dedication to creating aged care and services that continually improve to meet customer needs.
Meigan is also passionate about people at work, and seeks to build cohesive teams that are diverse and “greater than their parts”. She especially enjoys coaching and mentoring beginning managers in the aged care sector.
Lee Slater is a registered nurse with a background in midwifery general surgery and general practice. Lee was recently promoted into an executive level role to assist each home to improve its performance across a variety of metrics, especially resident care. Prior to her current role she managed Belmont Grange Homestyle’s a 131 bed home in Geelong. Her aged care experience includes working in Unit manager, Clinical services manager and Facility Manger/ Director of nursing roles over a period of 17 plus years. Lee was awarded a scholarship by the Australian Royal College of Nursing.
Veteran Liaison Officer (VLO)
As part of our Continuous Improvement policy, a Veterans Liaison Officer (VLO) role has been established. Homestyle is the first private Aged Care Provider in Victoria to establish this role for its residents.
The position of Veteran Liaison Officer is part of the Community Program for Homestyle Aged Care Services, and it facilitates links between Homestyle homes, the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), the DVA clients, their families and carers.
Our aim is to ensure the best possible outcomes for veteran residents and their carers.
- Ensure that DVA clients their families and carers (including professional carers) are aware of the support provided by the group’s VLO. Act as a single point of contact for DVA clients, their families and carers, Ex-Service Organisations and DVA with particular regard to resolution of concerns/problems.
- Provide pre-admission support for new residents, their families and carers.
- Assist in the streamlining of discharge and placement in other facilities as appropriate.
- Refer residents, their families and carers to appropriate services/resources.
- In conjunction with Ex-Service Organisations, coordinate DVA client visiting and information services, and establish/maintain communication and linkages between the facility and the Veteran Community.
- Coordinate general health and lifestyle education and counselling. This will include the identification/development and implementation of health promotion programs relevant to the Veteran Community.
- Ensure the Veteran Community is made aware of the range of services, programs and activities available at the facility.
For more information, please contact us.