If you are seeking support services for elderly loved ones still living at home, need assistance moving into Aged Care, or would like to know what networks are available for those living with dementia, we have compiled the following list of services and organisations to contact in Victoria.
Begin with The My Aged Care Website. This is managed and updated by the Australian Government. It covers information on the types of care available, the assessment process, how to find a provider that best fits your requirements, understanding costs and much more on how to care for your elderly loved ones.
Health Information and Support Services for Seniors.
Information from the Victorian State Government on healthy ageing, including assessment services, programs and services available.
COTA (Council on the Ageing) is the primary organisation representing the interests of older Victorians. It shares news and information as well as events.
ACSA – Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA) is the leading peak body supporting not for profit church, charitable and for purpose providers of retirement living, community, home and residential care.
Leading Age Services Australia – Victoria (LASA) is the peak body for Aged Care in Victoria and the united voice and helping hand for providers and other organisations with aged and community care.
Umbrella Dementia Cafes empower communities to support families and people living with dementia through their network of cafes.
There are many other support services available for the elderly from private operators that provide:
- Aged Care Financial Advice. Our preferred partner is Julie Irving at DMG Financial Planning.
- Home Care Support and Packages. Our preferred supplier is Prestige Inhome Care
- Independent, professional and private agencies that provide placement solutions including dementia specific and respite care. Our preferred supplier is Sally Gilbert at Help@Hand
- Administrative and support services for families and carers.
- Help with downsizing to Aged Care, preparing and cleaning a property for sale, as well as decluttering services.
- Assistance with relocating, social interaction and errands.
- Cash Management Services supporting the financial welfare of individuals in Aged Care Services.
Ensure as you would with any service or product you purchase, that you do your own research and due diligence.
If you would like to find out more about our short or long term accommodation options, please call us on (03) 9559 0400 or visit us here.