Choosing a special Mother’s Day gift this year, will no doubt be more challenging than in past years. Your mum probably doesn’t need or want much, but of course you still want to be able to spoil her, even if that means you can’t spend time with her like you normally would. We have put together a list of suggestions to help to make your mum’s day special.
- Bake some homemade treats and beautifully gift wrap them.
- Put a selection of teas together and display them in a purpose-built box.
- Have a food hamper or flowers delivered on the day.
- Buy a new pair of comfy slippers or a dressing gown.
- Purchase a lovely indoor plant or a small indoor gardening kit.
- A quality set of headphones for listening to music.
- Put together a list of music playlists from Spotify on an iPod.
- Pre-load an MP4 Player with her favourite songs.
- A subscription to a Newspaper or Magazine.
- Purchase a Kindle or Tablet and download some books.
- Put together a collage of photos onto a display board or a digital photo frame loaded with family photos.
If unable to visit your mum on the day, then sending a beautiful, hand-written card is a lovely gesture, and the grandkids can add drawings and notes. Gifts don’t need to be complicated or expensive, it is the thought that counts. Even just skyping or making a phone call is your gift of time if you can’t be ‘present’ on the day. Treasure your mum especially on Mother’s Day this year.
If you would like to learn more about our short-term or long-term accommodation in our homes, don’t hesitate to contact us here.