Even as we age, we still want to look our best. Our hair is an important part of how we present ourselves to the world. Many women find they have thinning hair following menopause, and their hair can become dry and limp as well. Other women find their hair is frizzy and unmanageable. so we can help our seniors to look and feel their best in their twilight years?
- A simple, classic bob – long or short works exceptionally well on older women, especially those with hair that is naturally straight. It is a fantastic wash and wear style that looks great either blow dried (or not).
- For those blessed with naturally thick hair, a longer hair style might suit. Show off your thick hair by growing it longer and adding plenty of volume!
- If your hair is very fine, be aware that longer hair styles can exaggerate the appearance of a long, thin face. A shorter cut may be a better option to highlight your face.
- If you are lucky enough to have hair that is naturally voluminous – embrace it! For those of us who are not naturally endowed, the secret to voluminous hair is a great cut and great styling. Bear in mind, it is much easier to create volume in shorter hair styles.
- Short haircuts with layers will frame your face, highlighting your best features. They are also low-maintenance and will save you valuable time in the mornings!
- Many women embrace their grey as they get older and a natural silver can look simply stunning. That said, not every woman wishes to embrace their natural hair colour, so consult a professional for advice about what would best suit your loved one.
At Homestyle we take pride in helping our residents look and feel their best. This includes providing access to appointments at our in-house hairdressing salon for professional hair advice. Meet our Hairdresser Nicole at our Point Cook Manor Residence. If you would like to arrange a visit to one of our homes please contact us here.