If your mum is in Aged Care, you may be struggling to come up with ideas for the perfect gift. It can’t be something that takes up too much room, and your mum probably doesn’t need or want much, but you would like to give her something special! At Homestyle Aged Care we have seen some fabulous gift ideas that families and friends have put together, for our residents over the years, and we share ten of these with you.
- Bake some homemade treats and beautifully gift wrap them.
- Put together some special teas, and display them in a purpose-built box.
- Have a food hamper or flowers delivered.
- Pre-load an MP4 Player with all her favourite songs.
- A quality set of headphones for listening to music.
- Put together a list of music playlists from Spotify on an iPod if your mum has one.
- Purchase a tablet so your Mum can read the Newspaper or books online.
- Organise tickets for a special outing to the ballet or opera and gift wrap them.
- A beautiful indoor plant.
- A collage of photos put onto a display board or a digital photo frame loaded with family images.
If you are unable to visit your Mum on the day, then sending a beautiful hand-written card is a lovely gesture and the grandkids can add drawings and notes. Gifts don’t need to be complicated or expensive, it is the thought that counts. Enjoy and treasure your Mum on Mother’s Day.