There are a number of support services available to the elderly in Victoria, that can assist them and their families when moving into Aged Care, or if they are looking for support services whilst still living at home. The following Services encompass the larger organisations only:
The My Aged Care Website has been established by the Australian Government to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of Aged Care Services. It covers services such as Respite Care, help at home, Aged Care Homes and resources on caring for someone elderly.
Information and links for Aged Care Services in Victoria
Information from the Victorian State Government on healthy ageing, including assessment services, programs and services available
COTA (Council on the Ageing) is the primary organization representing the interests of older Victorians. It shares news and information as well as events.
ACSA – Aged and Community Services Australia is the voice for not-for-profit aged services’ providers. It provides valuable resources as well as training, workshops and seminars on Aged & Community Service related topics.
Leading Aged Services Australia – Victoria (LASA Victoria) is the peak body for Aged Care in Victoria and the united voice for providers and other organisations with aged and community care.
There are many other support services available for the elderly & private operators available that provide:
- Aged Care Financial Advice. Our preferred Partner is Shane Lawler at Core Value Financial Advice.
- Administrative and support services to families and carers.
- Help with downsizing to Aged Care, preparing and cleaning a property for sale as well as decluttering services.
- Assistance with relocating, social interaction and errands.
- Independent, professional and private agencies that provide placement solutions including dementia specific and respite care. Our preferred supplier is Sally Gilbert at Help@Hand.
- Cash Management Services supporting the financial welfare of individuals in Aged Care Services.
Just ensure, as you would with any service you use or product you purchase, that you do your own research and due diligence.
If you would like to organize a tour of one of our Aged Care Homes in Victoria please contact us on (03) 9559 0400